Blind Date

Went to a café,
got an invitation signed anonymous.
Was skeptical at first.
Debated within myself.
Who knew my name 'n address?
I had just move in that place.
I was more curious than doubtful.
Called my best friend to hear her opinion.
All she said was interesting,
I've never heard of that café.
But we both knew its location.
I decided I would go
'n take a quickly look around.
There was not a familiar face.
I sat down close to the door.
A waiter came over,
 handed me a rose and a card,
It said, been thinking of you
Throughout high school, and college.
Signed: owner of Rouse's café.
Today is our anniversary.
He continues to surprise me,
As he did the day,
I showed up at our café.

Buy my poetry book "The Cry of our Children " by clicking this link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric