I've asked a Million Times


How would you know to miss me?
You acted as if you never knew me.
Loving you was my greatest regret;
I don’t know how I got caught in your net.
 
I’ve asked myself a million times,
And every time the answer was the same;
You would never be my refuge,
Relying on you was like depending on Ebenezer Scrooge.

My heart was enslaved by your words.
But sweet words were all you ever gave.
I won’t bother repeating them,
Their value is not like that of a gem.

My hurt and my pains are now gone,
And I can now walk away and move on.
That’s why I’m no longer complaining;
Each day, my thoughts of you are waning.

 
 
buy my ebook of poems and lyrics here





































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric