My Exit!

I exited the stage, the platform of life.
I had followed my dreams, learned a few things.
I did what I loved most as opposed to the logical things.
An excellent performance both on and off stage.
That was me, just not who I finally became.
I lost myself in my craft and in my needs and desires.
First for my sake, then for my audience.
I found myself trapped by what I thought, I wanted.
Much too late, I realize there was not anything I could do.
The show was still on, the program still airing.
Many came to see, but my most desired.
I was sorely disappointed, once an attractive woman, I lost my edge.
I stepped in the hallway feeling unsure, insecure but knew;
My mind was saying I placed emphasis on the wrong things.
As exhilarating as being on stage was that also had become unsatisfying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric