A Fantasy Moment!

I looked up and saw your face.
I was struggling within myself.
Wishing I was not whom I am.
I was sorely disappointed
With the person, I became.
I needed someone like you
Not to rescue but walk with me.
I was tired of being on my own.
Certain, that I did not want to go on,
But had finally reached my destination.
I hoped to savor every precious moment
I thought I would have had with you.
Believing that you would stay
And physically keep my company,
Be my friend and partner for all eternity.
Seem as though I was horribly mistaken,
About that and numerous other things.
For not only did your face vanish,
So did the reality of who I thought you were.
Never were you a friend to me
And here I am still alone, and you are gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric