Shoeless and unresticted!

Became a Stribu model barefooted.
One of many but a unique person.
Wore a shirt I bought from Walmart.
A denim skorts from Jcp.
My teenage daughter was humiliated.
I felt great, forgot my illness, heartaches.
Stood proud clothe in my brown skin.
Whoever withheld, restricted,
am free of cancer though it ravishes.
I stripped for my child who's ashamed,
others who don't know, cannot afford screening.
For the homeless, those who cannot afford shoes,
I stood for you. Am thankful for all I have, am given.
Most importantly for life.
My gift to those who are no longer,
at the early stages, the end.
I stood shoeless and unrestricted.

buy by book of poems "The Cry of our Children"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric