Midnight Awakening!

I was awakened in the middle of the night.
By an overwhelming urge, that told me to prepare.
My prince has dedicated himself to winning.
Not only my freedom but his ardent desire.
Wish it was me that he wanted but
Long before, he met me, he had a dissimiliar one.
I came later, after he gained wealth for himself.
I was only a girl searching for my own way in this world.
I founded it but was profoundly disappointed by it.
With that, I departed to live with others I did not know.
It saddened me that I could not be where my heart longed.
I found myself among many; I hardly knew or care to know.
They filled my soul with doubt and even more sorrow.
I could not even relay to them who I honestly was.
They would not sincerely believe and would be filled with doubt.
For those and many other reasons, I kept my mouth closed.
There was only one thing that I could do, wait for my prince.
Whether or not he now works with or for me is unknown.
All I know is that he holds the key that could set me free.
Am I currently the only woman that still believes in chivalry?
Are there others out there that are similar to me?
Do we cover up and hide our true wants and identity?
I want to know, who and what we earnestly crave and are?
Which of us is brave to say, willing to put our hearts on display?
Not I! I hide behind my lines, my poetry and rhymes, yet I am willing,
And actually do want to be known, for my prince to rescue me,
From the many mistakes I’ve made, from the mess I’ve fallen in.
Is he sincerely doing, willing to do, or is all simply my hearts desire?
I do not know, but in my heart, I believe because it is my hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric