The Bubble was short Lived


When I was young I adored you.
then I didn’t know what lacrosse was.
But I became a fan because you played.
'Til I found out about the mess you made.

The bubble I lived in was short lived.
Broken by all you exposed me to.
The bubble I lived in became crowded
Filled by those you got involved with.

Anything you told me, I’d believe.
Even your promise to take care of me.
As you can see, I’m no longer naïve.
‘N I’ve stopped wearing my heart on my sleeve.

If I want flowers, I buy it.
When I need an admirer, I write lyrics.
Though that may not give me the touch I need.
It's better than the nothingness that you give.

XOXO Heart Emoji link to a great woo song

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric