A Legacy of Poetry

Wish I could awaken a smile
as she, aim to keep her pace.
Trot along like a child, tugging
at mother's waist, focusing on her.

Her words encourages, ring true.
Story telling ability lingers,
gave us cause to listen. She's quoted
frequently, circles the world wide web,
testament of her influence. Her wisdom,

Poetry read by many for decades.

"Oh pray my wings are gonna fit me well.
Give me a cool drink of water fore I diie.
She's gone, still she lives. I read some more, 
Shaker why don't you sing? The beauty she expressin

admired, rhythm's in all she said. Aspired to be,
rise as she. Wish more would follow,
be as strong, reflect light on situation.

Express for improvement, dissipate fear,
repair hurt, spread love, stifle messages of hatred.

Become an American Ambassador through poetry, writing,
Like Maya Angelou and fan, Ruth Garnes hopes
to do, be known for messages of peace.



Buy my poetry ebook by selecting this link




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric