Better on my own


The door to love is closed

And it won't be opened to him again.

The door to love is closed, to one person.

Time after time I keep telling myself.

I'm better off on my own, not pining for him.

 

It's difficult to love someone.

Who is never there when I need him.

One who shows up to enjoy my achievement.

For my light to be reflected on him.

I don’t want that kind of love or friend.

 

I question such actions again and again.

Choke back tears for I know the answer.

I don't want to be within reach of this person.

Console myself by saying; I'm better off without him.

 

His reason for avoiding me no longer matters.

I see his ways as unloving.

Though I've wondered many times, I’m letting go.

And I'm through with wanting to know.

 



The Cry of our Children can be down loaded for free with Kindle Unlimited

select this link to buy my book of poems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric