The Unseen

I only, sometimes know what drives me to write the things that I do. I convince myself that it is the perfect way of expressing myself than the alternative. I started journaling and writing poetry shortly after I got married. This is my way, apart from this I do not have a whole lot to say. I guess that makes me a different kind of girl. For me, the hidden, unspoken things have greater significance sometimes, more than the surface weighted events of life.

As I took the lonesome path of a frightened girl,
I was not so shy, I knew of another who walked.
Hostility was no longer hostile, my sadness was a smile.
That which was beneath me reluctantly I did,
would gladly do if it meant, I could see your smile.

Truth, fantasy, lies; all instruments that deceives a person.
The truth which lies guarded within my chest
I know because I have lived it, experienced it.
Besides, who was there along side me to see?
You are my significance, my desire, my love.

The mystery of the one responsible for my racing heart,
Will one day be revealed, and all will see and understand.
My anticipation, the hunger and dreams of a quiet girl;
My words, my thoughts are not merely a delusion,
But all these things were true, had it not been for you,
I also would have never believed, but because of you, I do.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric