Father's a Mystery!

I’ve seen and read about my son.
There was no mention of his father.
Reflecting on his light colored eyes,
The identity of his father remains a mystery to me.
As I consider the swells that surge within my chest,
And the overwhelming grief rejection brought to me,
Even more so, I am confused as to his father's identity
Who will I forgive, welcome back in my life?
I’m afraid it is not the one that I was told was Father.
Suddenly; I grasp his lack of care for me, his unwillingness.
My pride, my hurt which would prevent me from now choosing him.
But how could I after he has displayed such disregard for me?
He prefers to hear of my destruction than extend a hand to me.
Gladly I would lick my wounds than embrace him as a possibility.
Considering, what I have stood for, would I again sacrifice myself.
Yet, I fear that I must, for there is another, I despise even more than he.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric