Long to be in this Moment!

My tired aging frame shrunk.
My fatigue spirit long for another.
Maintained high hopes that
The body in which it dwells
Would hold on as though still capable.
Nature and age fights against me.
I remain sure but uncertain in the silence.
I cast my mind to another, for he remains
Near to my heart and as far from me as one could be.
I envisioned our son as he closed his tired eyes.
Peacefully he rest, I wish to be there at that moment.
For my now are far more painful than any other times.
Though I have struggled through a few, that one was a relief.
I could not have imagined that for it did not occur to me,
I needed to rest not to create a figment of triumph, for soon that moment will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric