Encounter with Pastor Joel Osteen

Difficulty shapes us but should not defeat us. That is the message of "the cry of our Children" We should be neighborly towards each other as Joel Osteen demonstrated in my encounter with him.


I was not one to stand in line for autographs or take pictures with celebrities. Yet, last Sunday I found myself in line to meet Joel Osteen.

I had friends visiting from my native country of Belize and they wanted to attend his church service. So there I was doing what I've never done before and would not choose to do, but truly up lifted by it.

Not wanting them to hear what I chose to say to him, I stepped close to him, extended my hands and said, "Jerusalem, my father thanks you and I thank you for the work you are doing."

He repeated back to me his well recited lines, but not truly comprehending my words. He responded, "Thank you for coming, and we will be praying for you."

I thought to myself, yah, how on earth would he remember to pray for all those whose hands he shook today.

Yet, by his actions he was outwardly taking interest in meeting members of his community and voicing interest in them.

Joel Osteen is one of the best motivational speakers that I have ever heard. His messages encourage, and concur with my belief that difficulty shapes us but should not defeat us.

We all have challenges and can all triumph over them and live to our fullest potential. 

I am a believer in people supporting and loving each other. Trials and challenges are an integral part of life. By assisting others, we enrich our own life as well as our community.

That is the premise on which I wrote my collection of poems "The Cry of our Children" It is to encourage involvement and awareness.

It is as one reader said, " powerful." Another pointed out that it contained poems of various situations and phases of life. Mainly it is to encourage enhancing each other's circumstance, as communicated by the one below.


Be My Example

A child today, President the next,
We are all capable of climbing,
the ladder of success.

 Every leader at times needs a lift,
build me up, that I may become equip.

If I fall, help me up.
Know that I’m not perfect!
Repetition leads to improvement.

Someday I’ll teach another
as I was encouraged to do.
So would you, be my example?
 

Dive into "The Cry of our Children." and envision change. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TNYC26Y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric