The Condition of Man!

It was all I imagined it to be and more.
You standing there waiting for me.
The joy in my heart, and beam in my eyes;
Could have lighted a thousand skies.

The one in a million I chose to love,
Was the only one who genuinely loved me.
The only one I bowed to, I will run to meet.
No other will I ever chose to in this manner greet.

The busy bustling of a city street, honking cars
People from around the world live and visit here.
Yet there was only one who dared to care for me.
At the airport, he stood alone by the revolving carousel.

I must have for a thousand years chose to sleep,
For it had been years before the realization hit me.
My Lover, my husband, my friend, my significant other,
All those things you are, the love I want to know and keep.
 
Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric