Undeniable

After my adventurous weekend home alone, I flew out to meet my family for five days at Virginia Beach. I think this was meant to be a pleasant week. Although the first day was pretty fun, we bicycled for about two hours after that we played in the water a bit and lay in the sand. The next day was quite different. One of my daughters woke up with a swollen cheek. After checking with our insurance for providers in that area, I took her to a quick care at a CVS drugs store. When we got there, it was staffed with a nurse practitioner who felt this was beyond his scope of practice. With that, we took her to an emergency room. It turned out that she had an abscess.

She had oral surgery about a month before. She was prescribed antibiotics and pain medication at the time of her surgery. Immediately following the surgery I gave her the medication. When she was better, I instructed her to take the medicine until it was finished. I kept asking her in the days that ensued, if he had taken the medication. As it turned out, she took most of it except about a day of medicines. I am now assuming that, as a result, she developed the abscess.

I am not sure as to the reason all of our perfectly laid out plans seem to be constantly disrupted. I did not want to take the long drive to New York, so we planned that I would stay here then fly out to meet my family in Virginia. I would spend a few days with them and come back home as they continue on. Well at least that was the plan, and it did happen except, my flight got delayed four hours going, and two on the way back. To top it off we ended up spending a day in the Emergency room with my daughter.

I am thankful that it was nothing more than an abscess. The last time I was in Virginia Beach, I ended up literally spending days in that same hospital sitting at my brother’s bed side. He went there for the weekend and ended up with a brain aneurysm. As I left the hospital this time, I told the nurses I would never go back to Virginia Beach because as much as I enjoyed being there, it hold as many unpleasant memories for me.

Upon arriving back home, I checked my email to find several of my friends asking if I had sent them mail. Oddly enough, I turned my computer off and even so, it appeared as if, I had been sending my friends viruses.

I know I get frustrated by life nuisances. As people, we can take these things in stride or to the contrary we can allow them to defeat us. I also know that life can be this way at times. Things sometimes can get a lot worse before they get better. Like an abscess, we need to cut into or off whatever is causing us harm. In doing so, this may bring us more pain, but it is only when there is some sort of intervention that healing can take place. If we become angry, and deny the presence of a supreme God that does not help either because that I believe is undeniable.



Another favorite song of mine that echos my sentiment.

I wish love wasn't like Rocks

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric