My Perspective.

I would disagree with the statement that all men came into this world on equal footing. It is my contention that this is not so for all children. That children born to individuals with issues are disadvantage. Depending on the circumstances, some may need more help than the average child. This is generally the case with children that were abandoned or abused.

Any persons contemplating parenting a child with the above history need to be fully aware that it is extremely difficult and as equally demanding. I personally believe in my situation, that I gave my children my all. From seeking support for learning, behavioral and emotional issues to just being mom.

As unique as my children are and the fact that they learn differently, I would fill in the difference whenever necessary. This meant that I tutored them. When my youngest daughter was competing in high jumping, and could not grasp the concept, I demonstrated it for her. This past school year learning that she had competed successfully at junior Olympics, her high school coach wanted her to participate. Again, she failed to grasp the concept. Several years had passed since the time, I had taught her. Wanting to compete, she came home and asked if I could teach her. I told her, that I was concerned, but because of my age and decreased level of activity, it would not be wise for me to do that.

When my children were younger, I would run, jump and be physically along side them. At some point, I got terribly tired and in the last several years have refrained from this level of involvement. I know that the key factor is because as much as we vacationed, those times were not relaxing for me. Had I spent more time away to refresh myself, at times I would have been able to deal more skillfully with some issues. As a parent, I would always disregard my needs in order to meet my children's. As a result, when they disrespected me, it impacted me considerably worse, because I emptied myself for them.

The many things that I have done to improve my children are numerous. Yet interestingly enough it appears as if they do not appreciate any of it. This is my opinion based on recent behavior. I do not think that constant gratefulness is necessary, but my feeling is that all have been forgotten or disregarded. That contempt and disrespect has taken its place.

Usually poetry or poems come to me while contemplating the past, situations, or from just thinking about an individual. My writings are not necessary a summary of my circumstance or experience, but some times simply my interpretation of others. The following poem is an example of that, as are many others.

Do I want to remember?

Need I forget?
The things in life I regret?
What will I somberly recall?
Life’s zeal or travesty best of all?
What will remain in my memory,
Painful moments or fun times,
The love I had or ones I’ve lost,
The things I achieved or failed at,
That which I delighted in, dissatisfaction,
Sadness or pleasures of times past?
Will the reflection of my face
Carry my guilt, things I joyfully embraced?
Though I want to forget I had remorse
The magnitude or my regret, I remember.
But cling to, the beauty of those who loved me.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric