Not Going Back!

I’ll never go back with all his denial.
He broke my heart but convinced me!
His charming smile was as deceitful
As the wink of his eye
With that, he tried to say, he loved me.

I maybe a fool for love, just not one in love
That’s not how my mother raised me.
I want better than that, for I am a woman
Who wants to be loved not trapped.

He made the bottle his best friend
Along with a woman that tolerated him.
They sing together while he was filled with liquor.
I cried because he hurt me, but knew,
He was not good to or for me.

Now I’m fighting back by staying on track
For I know that is better for me.
There is no loving that’s worth my grieving
I need one that would cherish me,
Not simply any that claims to want me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric