Takes Strength to Forgive!

Joyous anticipation to see my beloved.
My mountainous apprehension of his responses.
Keep me fixated on his past actions.
Wish for the world to know his virtues.
Not the terrible mistake he made.
The reason I loved and selected him.
The elation that the sight of my beloved brought.
Makes the sadness that fills my heart incomprehensible.
My muscle aches under the duress, my heart’s string heavy.
Yet, he remains an alien concept buried beneath my troubles.
Again my decision remains the same, as does my affection.
Need I turn away or continue to look towards him?
Should I choose to do, what he did to me, hurt him and me?
Do I even possess the strength, the capability to forgive,
Nerves of steal, to disregard my own ego, to walk along side him?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric