Long for Peace and Quiet!

Surrounded by all that delights.
Produce beauty, pleasant reflection.
The sound of laughter, welcoming arms
Comfort, tender strokes, rest not tiredness.
A voice filled with reassuring words
Those that soothes, genuinely uplifts.
What could then over take or hinder?
With love, support, honesty, genuine belief?
What could consume or bother?
Who would not be content and calm?
If they were free and not imprisoned,
Constantly falling into another dilemma.
Held tenderly by a considerate person's arms.
I’ve seen plenty in this life to recognize care.
Genuine love, a liar’s charm, an honest petition.
I long to walk alone, to be assured, that while I advance
In life, in age, my acquaintance, friends, spouse,
Would sincerely love, be on a similar path as me.
Do not want to carry any memory of scars or hurt.
Desire to bare myself of all that denied and did not embrace.
Wish to be at peace wherever I maybe, alone or with another.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric