Working for Nothing!

I feel like I am back in the fields working for nothing.
With all my ups and downs
And getting now where, I’m believing, I’d be better off
With a few dollars in my pocket.
I’ve been working on my songs for the longest time.
Instead of making, I’ve been losing money.
Still I’m hoping I would be successful.

Chorus
Just me and my guitar, in a smoky bar.
And they are all too drunk to listen.
Perhaps I need to get back to the ranch
Where the cows moos to my composing.
For in this big town, I’m getting nowhere.
With all the noise they cannot hear,
Nor are they aware, if the smoke is from cigarettes
Or from all my heavy strumming.

I know Cousin Joe came here and sang the blues.
He made it too, had an album and sold a few.
Whatever, he did, it’s just not working out for me.
Hand clapping, butt slapping, still it is not happening.
I have the right music but singing to the wrong people.
Need I go back to the ranch or somewhere else,
Where my country songs would reach my audience?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric