Call Back Girl!

I told you so if I do forget.
You already know
I have no desire to do
What I already regretted.

You were my choice
So how could I remain quiet?
Although you walked away,
I did not regret loving you.
The reason I confronted you.

Round and round I go again.
With all these ideas running
Around circulating causing
Confusion, mostly in my head.
Baby, I do not want to be.

The one you call after she is gone.
As though, you have ever loved
And cared for me, a call back girl
I would never choose to be.
One you placed secondary.

Please don’t promise me.
For a call back girl, I do not want to be.
For that's not love to me, a call back girl
I could never be. I'll call you back, I promise!

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric