New Realization!

I met that man before, now all I have of him
Is an image embedded deep within me.
Seemed like only yesterday, yet his face indicated
A lot more, time had passed, more than even I was aware of.
All the signs that it had been a lot longer than I remembered.
I pushed aside today’s images, the person now within my view,
All his beauty and grace was still there. I lost out on his growth.
His accomplishments, I peered out from behind the bars that imprisoned me,
my spirit was thrashed, my body consumed with grief and motionless.

As I reached out for him to take my hand, he held unto another.
My aim remained steadfast; my effect, dry and parched as the desert.
I was transformed, no longer the vivacious young woman I used to be.
Life choices had affected me. He came, but he was not truly there for me.
I was free to choose to live, but without him,
everything I had hoped for, wanted, gone!
Certainly not the kind of freedom I aspired for,
for while I was imprisoned I had a mate.
Now all I have is desertion and
awareness that my love belong to another.
 
For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric