Simply Unknown!

I vaguely remembered the night.
As much as I searched my mind.
It was consumed by a fog of my own
Unclear thoughts of the future.
Unsure of the events that lead to my departure.
Had my God released me or did I escape,
Managed to acquire the strength to leave?
Yet it was not for me, the reason I stayed.
Certainly baffling as to why my friend
Hid his face from me, I needed his support.
Now I am wondering if it were purely his disbelief,
Culture or the toxicity of this place that lead to this?
Why would anybody leave his beloved one here?
So much I have learned, so little I know of them.
Just that the longer, I stayed the more uncertain
I became about everything even what we turned into.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric