In my Child's Eyes!

I can see the sadness in my child’s eyes.
Behind close doors, he cries.
Did not mean for our strife to do this to him.
But when we are engrossed in our fighting.
Not one of us stops to think how he is affected.

I know, his heart is also breaking.
And I shouldn't allow this to happen.
I want release from this horribleness.
To get away from all the mess.
For there to be joy and happiness.

Father, why did you not deliver us?
What benefit was there from leaving us?
Whatever that was, this is not a blessing.
The only thing his presence now seems to bring.
Is a lot of sorrowing, caused by all our fighting. 

I cannot take this anymore.
Father, I am sorry. I did not mean to ruin
Your testimony, but if you had provided,
I would not be in a house that is divided.
What is it that you want the world to know?
That it's him, you loved, and me, you let go of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric