Brother!

My brother is gone.
I think of him often.
When we were young,
He was more than a brother.
He was my first friend.

We used to play together.
Introduced me to all his friends.
In the early morning, hours
He would awaken me to go running.
Not that I wanted to go with him.

Now, I would willingly do anything.
Walk, run or simply stand beside him.
Wish I could hear his laughter.
See his smiling face again.
Although, I know he is up in heaven
I wish he could have stayed a bit longer.
That life was like, when we were younger.

So take this as one of life lessons.
For as long as you have a friend,
A sister or brother appreciates them.
For there is no telling when heaven
Would come and claim your friend.

He walked me down the aisle as opposed to my father. Then just like the photo, got cut off a few years later. He did earlier on won many Cross Country competitions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric