My Status!

There are some things that I have repeated more than I needed to and other things that I feel because of its relevance, I could not express enough times. When I am keen on getting my point across, I hardly consider how annoying I may be from saying the same thing over and over. I have done this to my spouse, children, and to others that I hold dear. Not intentionally to intimidate them, but because in my opinion it is imperative for them to understand what it is that I am trying to convey. When the other party does not make any effort to act on what I am trying to communicate, I get one message only. That message is that, whatever I was trying to say was irrelevant to them. That frustrates me immensely, and at that point, the best course of action would be to refrain, but it is not like me to turn away until, I have given my all.

If anyone cared about a person, and knew that if they continued down a certain path it would end in certain death, would they not warn them a million times? How frustrating would it not be if you had information and no matter what you said or did, to save someone’s life, they simply ignored you? Although, that is not so strange because in spite of teaching and knowledge that smoking causes cancer, many people still chooses to smoke.

In my marriage, I had been frustrated quite a bit because there were times when my husband and I needed to intervene for our children’s life on their behalf. As many times as I would try to convey that to him, I was never successful. At times, those interventions meant we would have to spend large amounts of money. Most financial decisions in our family were handled by him. He was exceedingly cautious when it came to unnecessary spending. I knew that, at times what he saw as unnecessary had to do with the fact that he did not fully grasp the reality of the situation. For many years, I was frustrated that I could not enlighten him. Time and time again as we had to deal with the repercussion of waiting until things got out of hand, I began to resent him.

When life is destroyed, it is difficult to forgive. Even if, one does forgive, but has to deal with or live with the consequence of another's poor choices, it is hard to go on as if it never happened. For to do that, I think it would mean it was insignificant. In loving, we should accept a person with all their imperfection. If we are incapable of living with another person’s flaws, I believe there is no point in living with that person at all. We are all given a specific number of years on this earth, and life is too short to be lived in dissension. While some people may thrive on discord, I personally find it to be demoralizing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric