To be Content!

With the warmth that flows from love.
I would have smiled and faced each day.
From indifference, I was crushed, convinced my time,
My years were not effectively spent. What ashame!
Disappointment made it impossible to handle my days.
Yet as I struggled, my own passion renewed life for me.
Gave me hope, led me, reinventing my determination.
Wish it was your affection, more so than my will.
That you held, encouraged and assisted me.

My guarded heart and self preservation is doing so.
Not one understood, knew, cared, all forsook me.
It certainly was not right. What good did they do?
Why should I exhaust myself, produce for their benefit?
I certainly have every cause to want contentment.
Simply walk and hide away, if only within myself.
I am so convinced, so why repeat it, to be justified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric