Walked Away!

The instant our eyes met
I knew it was you.
Right then we connected.
For I was there to meet you.
I like everything about you,
Your walk, the way you playfully
Teased, laughed and talked.

I knew it was you.
For instantly I liked you.
Just did not know what to do.
How to express myself.
So much I needed to and wanted to say.
But never wanted to turn and walk away.

Now as I was reminiscing, wondering
How I could have lost you.
I ponder what I should have said.
I did not know what I wanted or needed.
Just that I felt insecure and unprotected.

So, I walked, walked, walked away.
Goodbye was all I had to say.
Not even then did you have a clue
As I walked, walked, walked away from you.
Not because there was one I knew I could walk to.
But because I needed the love and comfort
I was not getting from anyone not even you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric