To Improve The Quality of Life!

Why would I want to repeat
My mother's mistakes, my Father's errors?
Why would it be difficult to admit,
That they as well as I were not perfect beings?
Why would I not want or attempt to make an effort
To impove on my responses, the way I make choices?
Yet, if truths, my reality as well as who they were, I am
Is difficult for me to accept, I would not be able to move forward.
Improve the quality of life for my sons, my daughters as well as myself.
If I convinced myself that life was perfect,
That there are no room, or need for advancement;
There would be no progress. I would have no desire to be,
Become or attain anything more than they. For myself, my offspring, I improve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric