For my sake!

I was clothed the way I was
So that, I would not be deceived
By false love, yet I was.

It would not have been sincere
If I were loved based on my color.
I am the same being regardless.

Love would have chosen me
Despite of whom I appeared to be.
This was my father's way to protect me.
Except it ended up hurting me.

How could I now honestly show you compassion?
Based on your lack of responses, I am convinced
That you do not truly understand.

Any one that hurt me will not be rewarded.
But to be quite honest will be punished.
That is what I wanted you to comprehend.

Regardless, I did not want you to be destroyed.
When I walked away, it was better for your sake.
Why at this time, I willingly became a pest.

It was for your interest that you needed to know.
Sorry if I offended you, I will not do that again.
It was also only fair that I knew you never cared.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric