I'll Carry You.

I actually had one of the best mother's day this year. I had picked up my second daughter from college, a few days earlier. She along with her dad and younger siblings made a lavish breakfast. Yesterday, she had RSVP, for me to attend a pot luck dinner, I did not plan to participate in. She did so because she wanted to utilize the time I was away to prepare for today. I had a pleasant time, but it turned into thoughtfulness because of some choruses that they sang. It made me realized how unrecognized I was.

Today, following breakfast, we went to Church and then to a restaurant for lunch. After we had return home, I was quite exhausted. I took a nap. I was then awakened by the rapid racing of my heart. I had a dream, and a fellow in a pick up truck with a boom box was carrying me to get help. The words and rhythm from the tune that was being played was still booming in my head so I wrote it in this song; "I'll carry you."

I had a dream that I had fallen.
I was working hard to get back
To my Father up in heaven.
Then I met a man, who knew me.
He was aware of my life’s story.
He turned around and said to me.

Chorus.
I’ll carry you, I’ll carry you
Take up my cause and one day
I’ll carry you.
I know you are tired and unsure.
Of what you should do.
But take up my cause and I’ll carry you.

It had been years, thought all
Had forgotten, but he was right.
I was tired from my plight.
Was sure the world did not know me.
For my tasks appeared to own me.
Was relieved by his offer to assist me.

I realized they did not know I existed.
Sadness filled my heart as I took his hand.
His words were all I could then hear,
My sadness then disappeared.
Only his words were now playing,
Like sweet melody, renewing my spirit.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric