For The Greater Good!

I would prefer to be a child that was lost in rose petals,
As opposed to one counting pebbles.
To be oblivious to the perils of this world and lost in mine.
But, look at who my father actually is and my husband.
Then why, one may ask that I toil like an orphan.
It is so that one day the orphan may get to play.
The Lion may be tamed, the slaves regain their respect.
That we may hold dear, the things that are most beneficial.

How can I be comforted, when my own honor was discarded?
For a minute, I may forget, but as I view each day, how could I?
I look back, I look forward at you, and I see me, as a child, a teen,
A young woman, a mother, a wife, as you stood by and did nothing.
Yet you claimed to have loved me, as they all do and that saddens me.
For what you did not know was that I was here for you, as well as them.
I am them and apart of you, but it was hidden to prove the truth to you.
That was a lot harder than even I realized, for your sake not mine.
The little girl blowing bubbles was so innocent, so was the one that worked.
They are both as equally worthy. I just wanted all to know that.
 
Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric