Many has Unknownly Entertained Angels

I saw a friend today, she smiled at me. I did not then noticed that she was pregnant, all I saw was her smile. About an hour later, as I waited for it to stop raining, I smiled and said hello to an elderly man. He then reached out and squeezed my hand. It may all seem trivial, but these small gestures are invaluable to me. As simple as a smile is and the squeezing of my hand, these things say, I love you to me.

It is only now as I am contemplating the gestures of both of these, that I realized that the two had nothing in common, ethnic and culture wise. The young woman was of Indian origin and the man Caucasian. I have known both for a long time, and their families have been apart of my life for as long as I have been married.

The man’s wife and sister-in-laws have in the past made brownies and other sweet treats for my children. The young woman and her brother had taught my children at Sunday school. I socialized with the elderly man's family on occasion, but the most memorable event was at that same woman's wedding. Due to her involvement and countless other of Indian heritage, in my life, I have had some pleasant unique experiences. With encouragement from one of her family members, my husband took me to Singapore and Malaysia, a few years ago, while on a business trip to Malaysia. Due to the kindness of those, on occasions, I would choose to wear traditional Indian attire. I must confess apart from that, I mostly wear western clothing, but as my way to honor them, I wear theirs. Although, they may not now recognize who and what I am, they will later consider themselves honored that I was placed in the midst of them. In the mean time, I have been blessed by having them around me.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric