Things That Matter Most!

I can recollect yesteryear as you could yesterday.
Thoughts, reactions, the reason I then chose to walk alone.
It was truly a drawback. Yet I understood your frustration, anger.
Wish I could transmit it to you; It has the same effect on me now
That I remembered as it first did. I was disappointed, my heart sank
I then chose to say, goodbye. Knew you did not know.
Wish I did not recall that time, that all I remembered was hello,
Not what made me turn away. I wanted to be accepted on my own merit,
Not for the woman that gave birth to me. For that is truly not my real identity.
I revealed what was most important, because my true being was most relevant.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric