When Will I See You Again?

In the first quarter of 2012,
I will see my long lost friend again.
Initially, I struggled when we first parted.
Then like now, I keep looking deep within
Myself, not knowing how I would manage.
I had gotten so used to seeing him quite often.
It was not easy even for me simply to walk away.
Was quite confusing, because I was sure.
Surprised by the actual turn of events.
Thought I had seen what was made known to him.
When it did not happen, that baffled me.

Now that, the mystery of me was finally revealed, I understand.
Wish, I can say more, but I can’t, is as hard for me,
Knowing the reasons, as it was when it was unknown.
The things that caused me to rediscovered you; crushed,
Opened my mind to my purpose, yours and others too.
Remorseful that I remain elusive, cut off from what matters.
For the sake of others, I hold out and am not forthright.
Because in my humanity, I too have made mistakes,
Inflicted heart ache on others, for that, I am sorry.
Although, when the day comes when you finally reach out,
I will not respond to you, for I would be weary.
That will not be an indication of disinterest, just my need,
To take a moment to be still and deal with my circumstance.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric