The Wonder Of The Mind!

Where did you go?
What did you do? Who did you meet?
I reflect on my questions, your thoughts,
The hunger and wonderments of my heart.
I close my eyes focusing on the desire.
Simply to look only on the person of you.
My aching body wants to be relaxed, held;
Lost in the comfort of being near, next to you.

Yet, I need to focus more on my typical day.
Must have lifted too many weights, at the gym.
Could have been the groceries I had to carry in.
That was the third thing I did, one of my many tasks.
After which I did loaded and unloaded our laundry.
Swept the floor and conversed with a friend.
Yesterday was a whole lot different, when all I did
Was paint a fantasy image of my state of being.

Later, I will lie in my bed wishing for the day,
When I would no longer have to ponder,
For I would know exactly where you were, I was.
And you too will know and not have to wonder.
But for now I am extremely aware that my back hurts.
It does not matter what I focus on, my mind keeps returning,
To the facts that my body aches, not for another
But simply because I might have done too much today.
 
Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric