So She Dances!

Dance with me, Dance with me my elegant prince.
Perhaps what Giselle and Don Quixote, lacked
Our love and dance will eloquently protray.
A tale that will be passed on for all generation, some day.
For tomorrow’s lovers to enjoy and gaze on in awe.
Not only for the love of the dance, but to possess,
The kind of love that worth capturing. The joy that it gives
And the excitement of the anticipation that the dance brings.

Dance with me my handsome prince, for it is for the warmth;
The touch of your comforting arms that the angel sings,
Would willingly cling. Dance with me, my dashing prince.
It is of you and only you that the poet eloquently wrote,
Pondered and stopped to consider the wonder of life, love
That caused her feet to stop as her pounding heart, skipped a beat.
For it was certainly not for the hurried but for the desire, finally to meet.
Not even the challenges or tragedy of life could defeat me, if I got to dance
Cheek to cheek with him, my true prince, for my faith in love and humanity
Would then be renewed.



Josh Groban - So She Dances!


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric