Solitary Journey

I stopped momentarily to reflect, ponder about you.
It is pertinent that I make a decision, soon.
I know what I want to do, also know what I can’t.
I keep telling myself it is going to be OK.
I always remember that you once said,
You would always take care of me, time has proven
That your words have been anything but true.
Yes, I am saddened, and a little blue but this is not the first.
I know there will be many more days that I will feel this way.
Once again, you have failed me. I have said too much already.
Out of fear, afraid that despite your desertion, I would one day
Be committed, pledge to you. How could I do that? You left me!
You chose to disappear, not care about me, to be with others.
To live as if you never knew me. Yet, I respect your choice.
Not that I am happy about it because I am not, these are simply the facts!
Now I am left here to document my journey as, though, this is the only thing I’ve got.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric