This is a Constant!

A poem I wrote that was published in "Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality," came to mind, this morning. It depicts my perpetual thoughts and feelings. The reason, I am sometimes thoughtful, but do not utter a word. This poem was written about eight years ago, while my husband laid about a foot away from me.

Who can I tell the secret of my heart?
I have no tears to cry, no one to call,
A lump in my throat, an ache in my heart,
A fear in my mind and a rattle in my bones.

Where has my lover gone?
He who promised to love me!
Where is the laughter, the hug,
The warmth of his body?
Where is the comfort,
Reassurance, and warm snuggle?

The emptiness is overwhelming!
Much vaster than the midnight chill,
Without a doubt there's turmoil within,
My body regresses to a familiar state.
My heart still aches, my bones still quake,
I feel as secure, as secure as any other!
Wallowing in self-pity, tomorrow is another day,
I may see things differently.



My thoughts maybe the same from day to day but as I age, my image changes from day to day. This is me as I was on Sunday, October 23rd. 2011.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric