The Beloved City!

Why would you ever embrace me?
When I have never wanted or cared for you.
Is it not obvious that I did not love you?
I chose who I wanted; it was to her that I gave.
Her that I spent my life with became my significant.
One day as King of heaven, I will put her next to me.
And that I already did, so she will be my future.
Heaven will one day have a new Queen, Jerusalem.
As it was her that I selected and shared my life with.

What say you old City, who are you?
Your faded beauty, who knew you, wanted you?
Lay you among the ashes gave only that to you.
Why would I highly esteemed one, ever want you?
What say you of me, when it was you that was least?
Is it not obvious as to why I denied you, gave you nothing?
If you meant anything to me, I would not have done that.
Whatever it was it is over, and you can keep your unheard words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric