What am I waiting for?

I shifted my weight.
First to one leg then the other.
I twiddled my thumb,
Touching one with the other.
I looked up and all around.
For I was waiting for my lover.
With deep sighs, I sucked in my breath.
I did not want to appear anxious as I was.
Everything within screamed, I had lost him forever.
So what was I waiting for? Transportation, the train!
The vehicle that was going to take me away.
Yet, I wanted for him to appear to reassure me.
That I was his one true lover.
It never happened! So, now I press my nose
Closely to the window and left my mark.
For I was sure his would stay with me, forever.
He never came, never said what I wanted to hear.
I departed, did not get what I went looking for.
I knew the reason for my departure and what kept me.
For all the things, I aspired for and in learning.
It was not people but the things that I wanted to do.
In the end, it was only those that brought satisfaction to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric