Peace and Love!

My crumbled spirit laid low.
Far beneath a journey which
Ruined the core which once held it.
Wanting to fade along with the night.
It was stirred but not awakened.
Saddened by the rising sunlight.
That which gave warmth and light to others.
Did the opposite to me, yet no one knew it.
Or would any of them listen.
Those who saw closed their eyes.
Others who heard their ears and minds.
Too preoccupied with their preferences.
They loved their life just did not want
To be apart of whatever I was or fallen in.
Did not matter what I contributed or was happening.
Honor continually clothed those as rags did me.
I stood alone and held my sorrows in my hands.
Wounded but my journey, they insisted must go on.
I craved rest, to stop for a bit, to be cradled.
A heart like the one I held deserved peace and love.
Is certain that I did not find or will be shown it.
The one that claimed to be love was certainly not.
My heart needed assistance, but not any more.
Not the kind that comes from a loveless society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric