Not Unforgiving!


I wrote and rewrote this poem about 5 times. I was overcome by a lot of disheartening events, but I think I finally got it right.


This is not me being unforgiving.
But me doing what is right for me.
For as long as I have been breathing,
You have placed others ahead of me.

Chorus:

The choices I made affected me.
So this means I can no longer be
With a love that ignores me,
But prefers one, whose affection is clear to me.

I need a partner who would stand by me.
One that would love and assist me.
Not one who truly preferred everyone.
Much more than he cared for me.

I am not being unforgiving but choosing,
The kind of love I can trust and believe in.
I no longer want a list of excuses.
I cannot hold unto foolishness.

I have done this many times before,
Burying my needs with in my sorrows.
As if, you and they were not mine, but no more!
I am choosing to love myself and to let that go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric