Actuality!

People did and do not complete me.
I found peace and comfort in the things I did.
That was what was with-held, taken.
Then I descended to the depths of hell.
All I desired, toiled for, stripped away.
Never again will I peacefully submit.
Subject myself to the mercy of men.
My heart now rejects him who holds the key.
To him, who had no knowledge, refused me, I forgive.
In agony by the King’s choice, I renounce my crown.
I long for the strength I had when I was young;
My cavalier attitude resulted from,
The confidence that I was royal or supreme.
For I alone knew my identity, had respect for it.
Then singularly chose to say, or do what no one else did.
Knows in my heart they all profoundly upset me.
That once again it would be up to me,
Not to allow any of their folly to defeat me.
With that, I will go on trying and hoping that one day,
I can stand and say I wish I had known them, but I didn’t.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric