Not The Same!

I remember the day we met as if it were only yesterday.

On bended knees, you looked up at me, as I smiled.

Looking back at you, I wish you knew what I saw.

Perfection in disguise, gently and playfully you also smiled.

Then disappeared from my sight, with no one at my side.

Full of fear, I searched for you both day and night.

When I finally found you, you were not the same.

For an instance I thought I recognized you, then I walked away.

Only to realize how wrong I was, you were with another.

I felt deserted, thrown away by my friend and partner.

Just wanted you to know the importance of choosing,

To wait for that unique  person, one that would have complimented me in life.

As much as I have grown and see, I wish I had known my fate.

I would have kneeled on one knee beside you and say;

Please do not walk away, for if you do I will change, I will never be,

The girl that stands shyly smiling admiringly looking back at you.


 
Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric