Right Idea, Wrong Concept!

The nucleus of any structure is its foundation. Often times if the foundation becomes ruin the entire system eventually falls apart. Generally the foundation is put together first, and every thing else is added unto it, or built unto it. In Christian marriages, it is taught that Christ is supposed to be the basis of such marriage. It is widely taught that this is the common faith in Christ. Yet it is recorded that even the devil trembles and believe. Therefore, does this mean that the devil and I would make an excellent partner? My point is that it is more than just genuine belief. Satan believes because he knows facts, but he made his decision a long time ago. He chose to create his own alliance and to oppose God, as opposed, to staying as a part of the team.

The rift in heaven took place long before man was ever created. With Lucifer taking the opposite stance, there are two forces at work vying for the souls of men. Lucifer, the fallen angel, uses the desires of men to keep them from the truth. God, on the other hand, wants men to have free will and men can either accept or reject the truth. If they take him as Lord and savior of their souls, then the result is life eternal with God. If they reject his truth, then their souls will be added to Lucifer’s collection. This is mainly a summary behind souls that are saved and ones that are not.

Again, God intends marriage to be pictorial of his relationship with the God Head and the Church. The church, being the collective individuals whose souls will be saved. The scripture states that, husband ought to love their partner and not be harsh with them. It goes unto say, the love should be relative to the way Christ loved the church, and gave his life for it. In relations to children, it says that children are to obey their parents in the Lord, for this is right. Parents are not to provoke their children to anger because it may cause them to be discouraged. It never said anything about men putting their children before their wives or vise versus. It does say that the husband should be sensitive as they live with their wife, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner. This essentially is the key to a stable marriage and not the commonality of faith in Christ.

I was oblivious to these things at the time of my nuptial. As, I struggle with my own marriage, I kept repeating those verses to my husband until, it finally dawned on me. I know that we have both made errors throughout our relationship. He has at various times express his sorrow and has questioned me as to why I keep bringing up his mistakes. I will admit I do that. My rationale was to try to teach him so that he may recognize the pattern and change his responses. At various times, he has apologized only to repeat his actions a few months later. I believe if a person were truly sorry, he would change his actions. After eighteen years of this and the seriousness of some of my daughter actions that he defended, I came to the realization that no matter what, he will never be in my corner. The only change that will come about in our marriage will be the one instituted by me. In my efforts to teach him, I have learned. I do feel absolutely terrible, as detrimental as this has been to me. I feel as if I have some kind of responsibility as his wife to accept his short comings. The thing is I have concluded that if anyone of these children physically hurt me, he would protect them and would never stand by me. Need I continue to be a fool and be slow to accepting the reality of this? The purpose of this marriage has been fulfilled. I have learned and grew, as a result.
 
Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric