Things Remembered

The memory of your tilted head
the tender way your eyes rested,
As discontentment saturated my face.
interpreted it as your way of saying cheer up, do not be unhappy.
small gesture miraculous uplifted me.
Wanting only to delight you, I smiled while I was feeling unhappy.
trying to recapture moments like those
I peered deep within my mind, to bring comfort to my
Disappointed and disheartened spirit.
There I found memory of a person, I wanted to be with.

Longing for the minutest gesture, indication
of love, see if care was still there, be there again to comfort.
again and again, only to question myself.
my past emotions and senses were wrong, or was I aloof?
unaware of true feelings, created them in my head?
Really searched for genuine affection.
Instead, I unveiled your true nature and who and what I was.

I was affected by you, that I kept hidden.
realized that it might have been unclear.
As you toyed with my feelings for you,
some things remain unchanged but, I am quite different.
I am perplexed, sad, bewildered and glad,
to know, in addition to things I could never verbalize.
or communicate how I felt,I recognized your head games.
I have my own ideas, knew what I desired in and of life.
How was I supposed to know, things would not turn out right?
But the present taught me and am certain of all that I wanted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric