Taken For Granted!

All I wanted to hear was hello.
Good to see you again!
Instead I heard some hurtful words.

Never again did I see him who offended me.
Wish all who cross me could disappear that easily.
If it were that simple my world would be empty.

I wouldn't be in the hands of a controlling creep.
But I am, not for luxury, but for peace.
So there is no need for any to be envious of me.

Some think I should give in. I don't!
I would have left some time ago,
If only I had the support I needed.

I'm taken for granted.
Not by friends but those who were deceived.
And I wish I would tell them all that I know,
But first, I wanted all to freely choose.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric