Gone!

In my frustration, I did not know
If I messed things up even more.
As I pulled back for I was afraid.
I was sorely disappointed.

As I sit reminiscing about him.
There was nothing I could do.
But all I wanted was for you
To know, that I had loved you.

I gave up all I ever wanted.
Now I want to break all the rules.
To express what I should have said,
Instead of keeping it in my head.

But now, he is gone, gone, gone.
Though he left me, he meant me no harm.
I was down for a minute but now I'm up.
Moving, cruising for my benefit.
For he is gone, gone, gone.
I'm shaking him off baby, as I move on.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric