Words Reassured me!

I should not be angry with you.
For turning away from me, but I am.
If it were not for you, your expression
When I first revealed myself,
I would have been terribly despondent.
Your words reassured me, that I am.

I remembered looking down in a stream
As I saw the halo that surrounded me,
I said in my ignorance, look I have a halo.
For I took my being for granted.
Really did not realize that I was different.
Not until I took a long look at myself.
I looked backward, then forward.

Tried to speak to him about all these things.
Instead of acknowledging and clarifying.
He was viciously angry and mean.
It saddened me as the venom poured out of him.
Could not handle the realization that he never cared.
That he was capable of loving none other than him self.
How could this be, but look at me, what I have become.
Unusual, but not the new normal.
 
For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric